Academica description and features
Academica is a free WordPress template, suitable for websites with educational purposes such as universities, schools, non-profit organizations, etc. Its design is simple and quite sober, yet the theme is very flexible and it can be easily customized to represent any educational entity.
- The template was developed for WordPress 3.0 (compatible with 3.0.1)
- Modern, three-column clean design
- The template can be uploaded directly from the Dashboard > Appearance > Themes page. No need to edit any files — everything can be done from the Theme Options page.
- 5 built-in icons to share and link to your profiles on Twitter, Flickr, Facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube
- The template allows enabling/disabling of a jQuery-based content slider on the homepage for showing your photos
- Academica Template uses a jQuery-based drop-down menu with a fade-in effect
- 9 sidebars (widget areas) and 3 custom widgets developed for this template
- 3 custom page templates and 2 custom post templates
- Dynamic image resizing (TimThumb script)
- Support for Custom Menus (WordPress 3.0+).
How to install Academica template
- Before you can upload Academica template to your WordPress, you first need to download .
- Next you must upload the file to your website via the WordPress Dashboard. Log in to wp-admin and click the Appearances > Themes tab.
- Next click the "Install Themes" button and then click the "Upload" link.
- Click "Choose File" and locate the file you just downloaded and click "Install Now."
- Once then theme has been uploaded, you can activate it from within the Appearances > Themes tab.